Who can become a Partner?

Responsible Citizens, Institutions, NGOs, NRIs, Non-resident Villagers, Industrialists, Corporate, Officers, Public Representatives willing to either donate resources, facilitate mobilization of resources, transfer of technology, provide leadership, implement innovative ideas and work with the community for holistic development of village(s)/ward(s) can register as partners through our website. Partnership is purely voluntary and does not have the same meaning as defined/understood in the Partnership Act 1932.

What is the role of a partner?

The partner would provide professional leadership and work with local communities to achieve desired outcomes of 20 Non-Negotiable points under the Smart Village-smart Ward (SVSW) programme. A Partner might participate in the SVSW program through man/material/financial contributions, resource mobilization, technology transfer, implementation of best practices & innovative ideas etc. This might involve significant amount of time and effort. A Partner needs to coordinate with the Local communities, Panchayat/Municipality and concerned Line Departments in their activities.

Is it mandatory to make financial contributions towards projects to become a partner?

There is no mandate to make financial contributions towards the projects that a partner is working on. A partner can also contribute by utilising their expertise to Facilitate mobilization of resources (labour or material) or providing technology, Leadership or bringing innovative ideas.

Is it Mandatory to work on all 20 Non-negotiable commitments?

It depends on the type of partnership opted, a General/ Lead Partner ensures that all 20 non- negotiable commitments are fulfilled in the partnered Village/Ward. General/ Lead Partner can work with sector partners who can work on one or more commitments as a team.

What are different types of Partnerships?

Partnerships can encompass many different forms of collaboration. Partnerships are defined as voluntary and collaborative relationships between various parties in which all participants i.e partners agree to work together as a team with the community to achieve desired outcomes on 20 Non-Negotiable Points.
General partnership
In this partnership, the partner focuses on all non-negotiable commitments. Partner can opt to work also on areas beyond these commitments. A General Partner will closely work with the Village/Ward committees and the community.
Sector partnership
In this partnership, a partner can focus on one or more non-negotiable commitments i.e., education, health, sanitation, infrastructure, micro-enterprises etc. A partner can focus on as many commitments as one desires based on their interest, resources, experience etc.

I am interested in making financial contributions to SVSW programme, but don’t have time to work on Projects. Can I register as a Partner?

Partnership can be of any kind. One can be a partner to a village/ward/project by just donating money for the projects, without spending time or effort on them. In such cases, concerned Line Department or a Lead partner would look after the implementation.

Is it mandatory for a General Partner to conduct a survey of the Village/Ward and create a Village Development Plan through a visioning exercise)?

The Survey and Village development plan are a good start for interacting with the local community and developing a rapport with the local leaders and authorities. Following this process would give the partner a clear picture of the requirements of people and help in developing a detailed plan for transforming the area into a Smart Village/Smart Ward.
However, if the intervention planned by partner has the support of local community (ex. Gram Sabha, village committee etc.) and approval from local authorities, the partner may carry out his activities without completing the survey & village development plan.

How do I start a project in my partnered Village/Ward?

The first step to start a project is to take the approval of the local community and contact the local panchayat/municipality, informing your interest in taking up the project and your capabilities. In coordination with the line departments or external engineers, develop an estimate for the project with total cost and timelines and submit your proposal by logging into the SAPF portal.
Depending on the amount of your contribution, SAPF will find alternative means of funding for the project through NRI donations, CSR Funds, Institutional grants or Matching grants from Government. Once the required funds are pooled, the partner may start execution, under the guidance of concerned Line Departments. Projects with Government matching grants will necessarily be implemented by a government executing agency/concerned line department

Will anyone help me in implementing Projects in my partnered Village/Ward?

A partner needs to reach out to the Local authorities and Line Departments before starting a project. Officials from the concerned departments will help you with the process and guidelines to be followed. You can refer to the SOPs on SAPF portal to know the process to be followed for a particular project.

Will I get an ID card as a partner of Smart AP Foundation as authorisation to talk to Government officials, Leaders or General public?

A Partnership is not an employment or contractual relation. Hence, ID cards or any other authorisation will not be provided. Partners can use the print out of their Village adoption confirmation mail as an official document while communicating with government officials. No Partner is allowed to use Government logos, Business cards or any other communication material. In special cases, where the partner needs some identification proof to communicate with officials/community members, they might put up a request to the CEO to issue an authorisation letter.

Partners can always contact Partner support at partner@smartap.foundation or 0866-2494119 / +91- 8008944791 in case of any further queries/concerns not covered in the SOPs or Partner FAQs.

Developed and Maintained by Max Trans Systems